Saturday, September 24, 2011

Felt United

I have been working on my entry for the Felt United exhibit on October 1st. Now in its third year, Felt United is an event in which celebrates feltmaking all around the world. On this day feltmakers display in public a felt piece created based on a theme. Other events that serve to educate and celebrate felt in all its forms are also planned in places all over the globe. An online exhibit of the pieces is then created.This event was started by two amazing women who deserve a lot of credit for the hard work they put in to make this event happen; Elis Vermulean and Cynthia Reynolds. Last year I was honored to have my entry be the first one that appears in the online exhibit. This piece was also shown in the FiberArts magazine article about the exhibit.
This years theme is the last slice of the color wheel, blue through red. The first two years of the event covered red to yellow then yellow to blue. Since reds are not my usual colors I needed to start by dyeing some silks in those colors.



This last one I liked so much I decided not to cut it up for this project.
I am not done with the piece yet and normally would not write this post until it was finished but I wanted to let my non-Facebook friends (esp. Joei (BTW when ya gonna update that blog?)) see what I was working on. Here it is so far...





No comments:

Post a Comment